DSL Setup Guide
(based on a Speed Touch 546 modem)
1. Disconnect your telephone cord from the phone jack.
2. Plug the Phone/DSL Splitter (filter) in the phone jack near your computer.
- If a phone cord was in the jack before hand, plug that cord in the 'PHONE' side of the splitter.
3. Plug the gray DSL cable wire into the "DSL" side of the Phone/DSL Splitter.
4. Plug the other end of the DSL cable wire into the back of your modem.
- There is only one hole that will fit this wire.
5. Plug the yellow Ethernet Cable into your modem in any one of the 4 holes provided.
6. Plug the other end of the Ethernet Cable into your computer.
- Located on the back- it looks like like a large phone cord plugin.
7. Plug the modem's power supply into a wall outlet.
8. Filters must be placed on ALL phones throughout house. For example, if you have a phone in the den next to the couch, unplug the cord from the wall and plug it into the filter, then plug the filter into the wall. You must do this for every item that plugs into the phone line such as fax machines, certain Cable TV, security alarms, etc.
9. Turn on your modem. It will take up to 3 minutes for the modem to fully boot.
- It's best to have ALL of the modem's led lights on prior to turning on your computer.
10. Turn your computer on and open your web browser of choice.
If you're a new customer or have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you: